Dry skin got you down? If your hands and feet are as dry as the Sahara Desert, your skin could use a little TLC. Stop dry skin in its tracks with a supple, skin-for-the-win kind of balm.
Whether you’re a rugged dad or an Instagram star, everyone looks and feels better with ultra-moisturized skin. Your number one ally to get there: DIY CBD salve! Full of family-friendly ingredients (and free of fake ones) this homemade balm is a hit for everyone
How to make DIY CBD salve
¼ cup beeswax pellets
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup shea butter
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1–2 droppers of Cool Mint CBD
YL tip: We used Cool Mint CBD for the sweet, fresh, universally appealing scents of Peppermint and Spearmint, but you can swap in other CBD products like Cinnamon CBD Oil or Citrus CBD Oil. You could also make three batches to try the whole bunch!
1. Combine beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted.
2. Put the melted mixture in the fridge for 5–10 minutes until the top just begins to solidify.
3. Take out of the fridge. Whip the mix with a whisk or electric mixer until it starts to fluff up.
4. Add vitamin E oil and CBD. Mix well.
5. Transfer to a jar with a tight lid. Store in a cool, dark place.
YL tip: Interested in spreading the CBD love? Separate this salve into several small jars to take on the go or give as gifts.
How to use DIY CBD salve
When you’re ready for silky smooth skin, rub your CBD balm into hands throughout the day, especially after washing your hands.
Where else can you store your salve?
- Leave it on the kitchen counter to use after washing dishes.
- Stow a bit in your bathroom for some post-shower self-care.
- Put the jar in your bag to take with you throughout the day.
- Keep some on your nightstand so the oils can soak into your skin all night long.
- Store some in your desk drawer for mid-meeting moisturizing help.
Dry skin plaguing more than your hands?
- Use as a cuticle oil while you’re grooming.
- Apply liberally to feet and put on socks before bed.
- Rub into dry cheeks or skin patches.
- Concentrate on dry spots like elbows, knees, and shoulders.